Friday, January 23, 2009

Grandma's Little Dancer

After Emma's ballet/tap class today a new little girl looked at Emma then looked up at me and said, "Are you her grandma?" With a forced smile and a controlled voice I said, "No, I'm her mom." She looked at me with a puzzled expression, kind of looked me up and down then walked away. I realize I am technically old enough to be a grandmother, but my children aren't even old enough to learn about sex, let alone make me a grandmother!

While driving home I told Emma that her new friend thought I was her grandma. She laughed and said, "Why did she think that?! Grandmas are OLD. Grandmas are about sixty-one-twenty-ONE-HUNDRED years old." Well, I'm glad to know Emma doesn't think I'm THAT old, although I am quickly approaching the big 4-0!


3 comments:

Kori said...

Kids definitely say the darndest things. Being mistaken for Cayson's Grandma has always been a fear of mine. Oh well, as long as our kids know nothing else should matter. I love the picture it brings me back to when I did ballet when I was young.

Tonya said...

Shannon, you barely look a day over 25. You're amazing!

Crystalyn said...

haha...i was with my younger sister (6 years younger than me) and my mom AND i was pregnant with thomas and someone addressed me as my sister's mother. are you kidding me??! just what every pregnant woman wants to feel like...older.

i think you look fabulous! adn i can't believe how much your kids are growing up!!!