
In the top picture you can see the beautiful mountains, as seen from our front yard. Below that you can see a hint of the mountains covered in polluted winter air. It's called inversion - since we are surrounded by mountains the pollution gets trapped in the valley until a storm blows the nasty stuff away. I used to be slightly aware of it and notice that I had a low-grade headache and the need to clear my throat. Now it is constantly on my mind. It aggravates Ethan's asthma as his little lungs breathe in all the crap. It pains me as I listen to him cough. Days like this make me want to live somewhere else, preferably by the beach. The weather forecast doesn't show a storm for nearly a week. I know, earlier I was complaining about the snow and now I am wishing for it. If it makes my little guy feel better then please, bring on the snow!
3 comments:
Poor Ethan - I know exactly how he feels as I used to suffer from asthma when I was younger. Actually, the cold/damp weather in London brought it back a little... I hope he feels better soon (drink lots of water and use Eucalyptus oil in his bath water or put a few drops in a bowl of hot water so he can breathe in the vapor - I'm sure you know all the tricks by now, but that seems to work for me!)
Sometimes I put vapor rub on his chest. He used to hate it because of the smell but the last time I used it he was able to tolerate it. I will try the Eucalyptus oil in hot water too. I'm always open to new suggestions! Thanks.
Poor little guy! I am sick of this yucky weather too! When he is feeling better, bring him over to play!!
Post a Comment