Friday, July 17, 2009

I Gave Birth to Spongebob Squarepants

The new school year is quickly approaching and Ethan needs a new backpack and lunchbox. I opened the Land's End catalog and asked Ethan which color of backpack he would like. "Yellow! I like yellow!" Okay, now which lunchbox would you like? "Yellow!" "Are you sure? These will be yours for a LONG time and I thought your favorite color was red." "Yes! I like yellow!" Then I turned the page to some fleece jackets and guess which color he picked? Of course, yellow! I said, "Ethan, why do you want everything to be yellow?" "Because I LOVE Spongebob!" I ordered the backpack and lunchbox according to his wishes. As for the jacket, I will have to be creatively convincing so he'll be happy with another color. My fashion sense shudders at the thought of monochromatic YELLOW attire, plus I am pretty sure he would get teased by older kids (they can be so mean). So here's to Spongebob . . . whether I like it or not!

1 comment:

Haruna said...

Ethan and I have the same taste! Would love to know why he likes Spongebob so much (I like him, because he's so carefree - that's a reflection of how I wish to be...)