Sunday, July 19, 2009

Emma, where is your _______ ?

Several times this week I found myself looking for items that had mysteriously "disappeared." A few examples: Emma's soccer shorts, headbands, sunglasses, swimsuit, cropped leggings and earrings. I asked Emma if she knew their whereabouts and without a hint of guilt she shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know."

A major discovery was made tonight. We know Emma likes to stuff things, such as stuffed animals and toys, in the crack between her bed and the wall. David told her to clean it up tonight then a few minutes later she asked me to pull the bed away from the wall. Shortly thereafter, I went to check on the progress and this is the pile I saw on her bed.

You can't get the full effect from the picture so I'll provide an inventory of the items she has stashed in the past two weeks:

soccer shorts, 10 headbands, 1 pair of sunglasses, 1 pair of cropped leggings, 1 bikini top, 3 pairs of earrings, 12 necklaces, 1 bracelet, 12 hair clips, 1 hair scrunchy, 6 tubes of lipgloss/chapstick, 2 toy ponies, 1 lego guy, 1 rock, 1 rubber band, 1 dirty pair of pajamas, 3 shirts, 2 dirty socks, 1 pair of leg warmers, 2 stretchy bugs, 1 flip flop, 1 "Emma/Utah" license plate, a box of push pins (emptied), 3 tubes of lotion, 1 hat, 5 sticks of unchewed gum, 4 wads of chewed gum, 2 rice bag/pillows, all the stuffing from a small pillow, the tag from a pillow, about a dozen stickers, chapstick tin, makeup bag, jewelry box, 1 hat, an empty Kleenex box, the wadded up Kleenex from the box, 3 pairs of clean underwear and a black Sharpie.

Emma knew she had been caught. Neither David nor I were angry but she still knew she had been naughty and apologized again and again (especially for the gum). She is a little stinker!

4 comments:

Haruna said...

oh no - but I'm sure Emma won't end like Kendra with you and David around!!

Shannon said...

Who is Kendra?

Crystalyn said...

she and hanna are cut out of the same cloth. : )

Poozoe said...

why do I find that irresistably adorable?