Saturday, April 3, 2010

March 22, 1995

On March 22, 1995 David and I met at SLCC's Job Expo, thanks to a little help from my friends. Amy, Tracy and I were working at a booth promoting career/advising services, while David was working at a booth for Packard Bell. It will always be a debate, albeit a friendly one, about who spotted David first. Lucky for me, all three of us had ME in mind when we saw him.

We quickly devised a plan to invite him to an open house (that had yet to be planned). A week or so later I called (in my very professional voice) to personally remind him about the open house. He showed up and our plan worked . . . we exchanged numbers! David says he was onto us the whole time but I'm not sure I believe that!

The Job Expo is held every year and my heart always does a little jump when I see the banners placed on campus. My calendar also gets a star every year so I can remember the exact date (too many kids--my memory is a little fried).

2 comments:

michele84084 said...

So sweet!

Poozoe said...

aaaah. Thanks for sharing. I don't think I had heard that story.