Monday, April 26, 2010

A Penelope

Alex and Emma were playing outside as I was making dinner and I heard Emma yell, "Alex! I found a penelope! Get the bug container!" Then Alex yelled back, "Hurry, Emma! Get the thing to pick it up [plastic tweezers]!"

When Ethan got home Alex excitedly told him about their find/capture. He said, "Emma found a penelope and we put it in that thing that bugs go in! Then Emma threw it in the grass so the penelope isn't in there anymore!"

Ethan smiled and looked at me with his "they are so young, aren't they funny" look.

2 comments:

Kori said...

So cute! So was it a centipede? I'm really interested because I want to catch one too.

Shannon said...

Kori, I think it was a milipede, one of the very tiny black ones. Just a baby, I guess. They always find them on the cement.