
I never imagined I'd be giving Emma advice about girl stuff (the emotional stuff) at the young age of five, but tonight I found myself saying (in response to a looong conversation and one hundred questions), "you don't have to like everyone but you need to be polite and use nice manners." She thought that was alright and gave me a big hug and said, "Thank you, Mommy. You always help me figure things out." I told her that's what moms are for (and hoped I had given her good advice). She said Daddy is good for that too and said I can tell him about our conversation, because he wants to know, but I can't tell anyone else. So shhh, it's our little secret . . .
2 comments:
I totally understand. I've just had to do this recently with my niece and she is only 5 too. They just grow up way to fast.
So great that you have that relationship already! Go Shannon and Emma!
Post a Comment