Monday, March 15, 2010

Swallowed Up

Do you ever feel like you've been swallowed up by life and the days, weeks and months are just flying by? That's how I've been feeling lately. I've thought about blogging something but can't really even focus on one thought or idea. I was just looking through some pictures and found this picture of Ethan and Beamer (R.I.P.). It made me smile and that's a good thing.
I have many, many things to smile about but the past six weeks have been a whirlwind of emotions for me and honestly, it has been exhausting! On February 1st my mom called me from the hospital to tell me she had a broken hip and was being transported to another hospital for surgery. Amazingly, she had broken her hip three weeks earlier and had been enduring the pain for that long. She was kind of a mess (anemic, blood clots, dehydrated, etc.) but she got through that pretty well. She is at home again and hopeful (very hopeful and oh, so strong) to regain enough strength that she can continue living by herself at her house. Time will tell.

On February 7th my sweet friend, Christi, passed away after a tough and graceful battle with cancer. I keep finding my thoughts going toward her and her wonderful family. I wish them peace and strength as they continue on without her physical presence. I wish I had a picture of my sister to post but that will take a little more time. The world has continued on without her and she was gone before the age of digital photography. I need to scan some photos.

Well, I didn't intend for this to be a journal entry, just a way to think about people (and animals) I love and miss. Here's another one . . . my dad.

2 comments:

Poozoe said...

Your dad is so cute.
You've had a rough few weeks. I am thinking of YOU. xoxo

Kori said...

Journal posts are great. They help you as the writer and build a strong connection with us as readers. Thanks for sharing your heart.