Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Considering Myself Lucky

My babies turned five today!

We have been celebrating Alex and Emma's birthday for a few days now, starting with their birthday party on Saturday. It was held at a gymnastics gym where the kids got to play on all the equipment, including a 35-foot trampoline, a bounce house and a foam pit for jumping. One mom called it the "Pink Eye Pit." I agree--it gave me the heebie jeebies but the kids loved it so I endured and had the hand sanitizer ready to go.

They loved playing with their friends and received many fun gifts, including backpacks from us. On Monday they proudly wore their backpacks to school.


I visited their class on Monday for their birthday spotlight and they were proudly wearing their birthday crowns. Turning five is very exciting!




Happy Birthday, Alex & Emma! Lots of love from Dad, Mom and Ethan

3 comments:

Poozoe said...

You are indeed a lucky girl...and they are VERY lucky to call you their Mama!! Thanks for including us Saturday. I was so sore the next day from that damned trampoline!

Crystalyn said...

i can't believe their FIVE!!! what in the world? weren't we just pregnant together? they are adorable.

great to see you yesterday.

Kori said...

They grow up way too fast. I love seeing their baby picture. You look at them now and marvel that they were ever that small.