Monday, December 12, 2011

Teeth

Alex lost his second tooth on top and the whole thing has me feeling sentimental!  I don't remember feeling this way when Ethan and Emma lost their top teeth.  I think it's because he's the last one to lose them and I had the realization this is the last time I will experience this childhood right of passage with them (that was a long sentence but I don't feel like rewriting it).  Then, of course, those big teeth grow in and it takes a while for their heads to grow enough to match the teeth.  Alex was feeling shy so I had to bribe him with a dollar so I could videotape him talking without the teeth.  He looks so cute and I realize that the little boy will not stay little much longer!  I want him to look back and be able to remember the excitement.  His first grade class has a boys vs. girls contest to see who loses the most teeth by the end of the year.  So far the girls are winning.  I love his sweet smile.

1 comment:

Poozoe said...

aaaah. They are growing up so fast.
He is such a sweetie!