Ethan's first day of third grade . . .
.jpg)
One arch of a double rainbow after a fast and furious rainstorm . . .

Emma lost her second tooth (one week after losing the first) . . .
.jpg)
One arch of a double rainbow after a fast and furious rainstorm . . .
Emma lost her second tooth (one week after losing the first) . . .
Alex and Emma's first day of school will always be remembered by the wild weather. An intense hailstorm woke us all up, then it continued to rain all morning. Last December they begged for umbrellas for their birthday. They had never really used them until that morning. That was almost as exciting as riding the bus and going to school with Ethan!
On Tuesday night (second night of school) the kids were dressed in their pjs and heading to bed when Alex announced that he wanted to write a story. He found some index cards and a marker and started to work on it. He was tired so I suggested he wait until the next day. Oh no, his mind was made up. He would start to write, then make a mistake and since he was tired he would get upset, crumble up the card and want to start over. Oh my goodness, it was like a flashback of Ethan at that age! I knew he wouldn't rest until his story was complete. So here it is, with a little help from me, when he was just too tired to write anymore.

Ethan lost tooth #9. It was kind of a bloody mess. Gross, I know. Ethan's teeth have never come out very easily and he has only pulled one out by himself. Since Emma pulled out her first two teeth without me even knowing it, Ethan's competitive side kicked in. He worked on this tooth for two days and finally pulled it out. With all these teeth coming out I think I should invite the tooth fairy to stay in our guest room.

Speaking of competitive or maybe just strong-willed and determined, here is Emma who can now tie her own shoes. We went shoe shopping a few days ago and she LOVED the Nike sneakers with the purple swoosh. They have laces and I told her I wouldn't buy them unless she could tie her own shoes. She said, "Okay, show me. RIGHT NOW." So I did and she did it. Just. Like. That. I'm pretty sure that girl will do whatever she sets her mind to!
Among all these fun milestones, we were saddened by the loss of David's grandmother, Elvira McWilliams, who passed away on August 25, 2010. She was 99 years old! We were fortunate to visit and spend time with her this past spring in Los Angeles. We have said many prayers for her to rest in peace and for Grandpa Stan, his siblings and the rest of the McWilliams family to feel comforted by their memories of her. It is always hard to say goodbye. We love you, Grandma.

2 comments:
When there's smoke there's fire! It's good to see you're busy! Hopefully life will settle down a bit now.
I was wondering where you had been....just in busy town! I am so sorry about David's grandma but glad you got to spend some time with her recently. That is so special.
Post a Comment