On Saturday the soccer teams gathered at their designated fields and Ethan saw his friend, Ian, on the opposing team. He ran over to me and said, "I'm versing Ian today!"Ian is Ethan's new friend at school. Ethan is at a new school this year. He is outgoing and makes new friends easily but it has taken some time to settle in with some buddies. Last week he said he wanted to give his phone number to Ian and he had Ian's phone number in his backpack. Then at the soccer game Ian's mom recognized David. As it turns out, Ian's dad coached Alex and Emma's indoor soccer team last winter. Ethan and Ian played along the sidelines during the game. This was the soccer team when Alex and Emma regularly tackled each other during the game and pulled their baggy soccer shorts up so everyone could see their underwear.
At first I thought, "what a small world it is" but then as we were at Emma's dance class tonight I saw another family from school and soccer, a co-worker's husband and daughter and a former SLCC student and her kids. I realized, with a great feeling in my heart, that we are part of a community.
2 comments:
That is great. I love that!
How cute is that! I'm glad it is a small world. I was amazed how I could find a friend somewhere especially when I most needed it.
Post a Comment