Tuesday, March 3, 2009

A Hint of Spring

The countdown continues. No, not the Big 4-0 for me. That dreadful day came and went--I survived without any tears or self pity. I'm talking about my favorite season. Only 17 more days 'til spring! Every day I take a moment to see what's happening in my front flowerbeds and here is what I saw this morning . . .


Pretty little yellow crocus, hyacinths poking up next to them and tulips in the background. The tulips are my favorite and then I get to enjoy my beautiful roses. I am not a very skilled gardener--what I imagine is never the end result--but I have managed to plant and sustain some beautiful flowers. They delight my eyes and nose! This is so much better than cold, snowy weather!


Speaking of birthdays and springtime, I have always liked having my birthday in March. I have fond birthday memories (an awesome Holly Hobby cake one year plus countless slumber parties) so maybe that's why I like spring. Or maybe I like having a March birthday because I like spring. Who knows?

I was dreading turning 40 but honestly, I'm happy to be healthy, that my family is healthy and we are surrounded by so many people who love us. I just keep thinking about when I was a pre-teen/teen and I knew people who were 40 and they were OLD. Okay, now I sound old!

2 comments:

Haruna said...

Glad you had a nice birthday! We're in LA, so will call you before we leave :)

Poozoe said...

The first bulbs that come out always give me so much hope....I love spring, too. I think Easter and the little girl dresses are a big part! This year we get to be in San Diego for Easter.

Yes, we are older, but also wiser and like you said, SO LUCKY and blessed. xoxo