This morning as Ethan and I were walking out the door I grabbed my coffee cup and Ethan said, "Mommy, you drink a lot of coffee. Maybe you need to take a break from coffee. I mean, you drink it almost every day and haven't you been drinking it since I was a baby? That's six, almost seven years--that's a long time! And did you drink coffee before I was born?""Yes, I did."
"Well, I think maybe you should take a break from coffee! Why do drink it every day?"
"Because I like it." (I almost launched into an explanation about addiction, headaches and savoring my quiet time with my coffee in the morning. Since I hadn't drank any coffee yet I didn't have the energy for that much morning conversation!)
Here's to my delightful and VERY SATISFYING morning fix . . .
3 comments:
I understand the caffeine need. I am not a coffee person but take away my diet pepsi and I am not a happy girl. It is one of those little comforts. I love it, love it, love it. :)
oh my gosh you make me laugh! that's hilarious. hope you enjoyed every last drop.
Here, Here!!! We need to do lunch.
Post a Comment