Thursday, August 19, 2010
Just Like Mama
When I am out at a restaurant, store or some other public place and go to the restroom I have the following routine when washing my hands: water, soap, rinse, flick water off hands, wipe hands on hair to calm the frizzies, dry hands on towel. On Saturday we were at a soccer game where Emma and I went to the restroom. We were washing our hands, I did my routine and in the mirror I caught a glimpse of Emma smoothing her hair with her wet hands. She saw me looking at her and grinned shyly then shrugged her shoulders. It was such a heart-warming feeling, catching that secret little moment of her wanting to be like me. What role models we are as parents/adults, at times we don't even realize!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
that's about the sweetest things i've ever heard. sigh.
I LOVE those moments!
Post a Comment